With our hands being the front and centre everyday—from typing away on a keyboard to greeting new clients with a friendly handshake—they definitely will not go unnoticed, so they deserve to be dressed up.
I will be sharing information about the different types of HANDMADE RINGS and also about the DIFFERENT CUTS OF RINGS to flatter different finger types. Don't forget to look at our tips on HOW TO STACK YOUR RINGS to elevate your outfit in an instant.
Types of Handmade Rings and How to Stack Them on Your Fingers
Discover the various types of handmade rings available to find the ones most suitable to your style. Here are ways on how you can stack your rings to add style to your outfit.
Colourful buttons, when attached through wires, chains or stitched to ribbons, make trendy rings that can be quite a head turner. Colourful button rings can add some funkiness to your plain outfits. For button rings that are simple, you may wear several button rings on your fingers that are of similar colour range. For those who are more fun loving, go ahead to try wearing more than one chunky button ring on your hand.
Polymer clay is a type of hardenable modeling clay based on the polymer polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a sculpting medium used by crafters and artists. Polymer clay rings, depending on the size of the ring, can be worn individually or by stacking them. The more edgy or chunky ones like in the photos above that covers more than 1 finger, can be worn individually as a statement piece. Polymer Clay Rings that are smaller like the ones in the first photo can be worn in a few different fingers. Do also try stacking polymer clay rings of different sizes together to see how it looks!
Different coloured yarns can be crocheted to create varying patterns and designs to add interest to the ring design. Crochet rings also vary in sizes, those rings that cover more than 1 finger when worn (those rings shown in the 2nd row of photos above), are more advisable to be worn as a statement piece, without any other rings that may take the attention away from it. Simpler designs, like the rings in the 1st row of photos above, that are of the same design but of different colours, can be stacked by wearing more than 1 ring on each finger, or by wearing 1 ring for every finger.
Wires can be used to make various type of jewelry by threading or wrapping beads / gemstones, or by coiling wires to create various shapes for the jewelry. Some wire rings also feature a mixture of different coloured wires to create more varied designs. Wired rings are one of the most suitable for stacking. Most of them are simpler in designs and thinner, hence more than 1 ring can be stacked per finger. Decide on just 1 Type of Metal, whether it be gold, rose gold, silver, brass or copper, it will help to keep your look cohesive. Selecting Wire Rings from the Same Designer / Brand for stacking will also help to keep your look together.
Resin rings can be made by pouring into moulds and letting it cure. A mix of Colours can be added to create marbled or other effects. Other materials such as wood, beads, metal and more can also be inserted into resin, creating more interesting jewelry pieces. Resin rings are better off as statement pieces, instead of stacking them with more resin rings, as the designs on the resin rings are usually more unique and intricate.
Some metal rings focus on shaping designs with purely metal only, and some include other materials such as gemstones for embellishments. Metal rings, just like wired rings, are one of the easiest to stack, go for metal rings of similar designs when stacking, or from the same type of metal. The photos above show some metal rings that can be easily stacked on your fingers, whether 1 ring per finger, or up 2 to 3 rings per finger.
Polymorph is a kind of hand mouldable thermoplastic, great for crafts DIY repairs moulds and prototype moulding. After moulding and cooled, it becomes solid and really strong. For Polymorph ring such as in the photos, have fun playing with texture or shape/size in your assortment of polymorph rings to prevent it from being boring. You can use a large statement polymorph ring to anchor your multi-ring look and add other polymorph rings in complementary colours and motifs.
Different Cuts of Ring
There are ring styles and shapes to flatter every finger and hand. Here are some tips on finding the most flattering ring for your unique finger shape and size.
When looking at different rings, consider the length and width of your finger, the overall size of your hand and also the followings:
- Shape and size of the main stone/accessory on ring
- Width and style of the ring
Your unique finger and hand shape is only part of what factors into choosing the perfect ring. Your personal style and lifestyle are equally important.
- Long Fingers: Most ring styles work nicely for long, thin fingers. Do consider these points when choosing:
- Princess-cut and round stones.
- Wider bands can complement length.
- Short Fingers: A ring for short fingers should help elongate your fingers:
- Oval, pear or marquise stones help lengthen the appearance of your finger.
- Rectangular emerald-shaped stones can lengthen short fingers.
- Slender, narrow-width bands create the illusion of length.
- Slender Fingers: When choosing a ring for slender fingers, the main consideration is not to overpower them:
- Smaller stones can help make thin fingers appear wider.
- Thicker bands work well to widen the look of your finger.
- Wide Fingers: To choose a ring for wide fingers, find a style that does not show too much skin on either side of the ring, or fingers may look even wider. However, having wide fingers gives you more room to have fun that ranges from funky to classic, and to really make a statement. The following styles are good to consider:
- Wide oval, marquise, rectangular or emerald shape.
- Cluster styles and round stones in larger settings.
- Medium to thick band rings work well.
- Angular shapes and asymmetrical designs both minimize the width of the finger. Small Hands With small hands, try to keep the overall proportion of your ring small.
- Small round, princess-cut, oval or heart-shaped stones work well. Large Hands Try larger rings that suit your personality. You can play with bulky, chunky styles.
Always try on different rings and see which shapes and styles works best for you. You are the best person to judge which ring suits you best.
How to Stack Your Rings
Layering is no longer just for your clothes, because stackable rings is the latest trend to hit the jewelry game. Fnd out how you can stack your rings without going overboard. You may take some time to play around and mix and match, stacking rings can definitely elevate your outfit in an instant.
Keep your Assortment of Rings Cohesive
There are a few ways to accomplish this. The key to achieving this finger feat is to keep your assortment cohesive without being too matchy-matchy.
1) One way is to select thin, delicate rings to keep the stack from being too busy.
2) Another way that also works can be wearing 3 chunky rings, one on each finger. You can use a large statement ring to anchor your multi-ring look and add other rings in complementary colours and motifs. Remember: Less is More.
3) The third way can be wearing one midi ring and stack rings on another finger or just wear a thumb ring on one hand.
- Decide on 1 Type of Metal
Decide on just 1 Type of Metal, whether it be gold, rose gold, silver, brass or copper, it will help to keep your look cohesive. Selecting Rings from the Same Designer / Brand Selecting rings by the same designer or brand for stacking will also help to keep your look together.
- Play with Textures or Shapes
Have fun playing with texture or shape/size in your assortment to prevent it from being monotonous. You can also mix your metals and try to find a color combination that flatters your skin tone.
Handmade Rings for Purchase
Ladies, it be time to make investments on your bling. We suss out the best handmade rings from the costly to the inexpensive. It’s about time you upped your bling game, especially if the bulk of your jewelry includes quick trend finds designed to accessorise numerous ensembles on the affordable. We did the legwork, and sourced the best. These handcrafted jewelry are completely wearable and covetable for years to come.
Handmade Rings with Free Shipping!
|Stylish Punk Style Needle Shape Alloy Ring Bronze Diameter 18mm||Fashionable Clawlike Alloy Ring Bronze-coloured Diameter 18.5mm||Sweet Women Gold Alloy Cross Bowknot Midi Rings(7 Pcs)|
|SGD 13.36||SGD 12.56||SGD 14.02|
Check out these products below which offer free E-Books!